[Week 8] Object Practice and Projects¶
- Outline your project using the rubric below
- Using the outline, talk about your project
- Work on your project
- Overall game goal
- What is the player trying to accomplish
- Objects that exist in the game
List all objects that you want to use
List all objects currently implemented
- For each object, identify the common parts and specialized parts
- Specify which properties are inherited and which are new
For each object, describe when it is drawn (it can be always drawn or conditionally drawn)
- What interaction will the user have?
- Specifically, what keys will be used and what effect will they have
What is the minimal set of things you need to have to have your game working?
- List three 1-step additions you could make
- It has to add only 1 additional piece of complexity
You should be referencing at least some of these!
- Simple PyGame cookbook
- covers pygame examples without using classes
- PyGame with Classes cookbook
- covers pygame using classes
- has a lot of functionality explained!
- Python Cookbook
- This has examples of most of Python’s syntax!
- Classes cookbook
- This has examples of the basics of classes!
- A giant color list!
- You can use this to get tons of colors into your game!